Receivership Remedy for Substandard Motels

Substandard motels are present in cities across the state California. We have all stayed in a motel where we wished we had read the Yelp reviews first, right? Usually property owners of these substandard commercial properties neglect the basic maintenance needs of the property to save money which, in turn, causes the property to fall into severe disrepair. In these situations, a Court-Appointed Health and Safety Receiver can step in to provide the solution to protect the community and occupants from such dangerous conditions. A Receiver can be appointed by the court to rehabilitate and preserve substandard commercial properties.

A Receiver will step in and take temporary custody and control of the distressed property and take over the operations of the commercial business, such as a motel. A receiver can protect not only the property value, but he/she can also protect the rights of the tenants or occupants and surrounding community to be freed from a dangerous nuisance property within their neighborhood. The receiver will secure the property, collect rents/bookings, maintain and repair the property, manage existing and new leases/reservations. In addition, a receiver will ensure that contractors, service providers, and property-related taxes and expenses are paid. The receiver works with the City and Code Enforcement officials to address health and safety concerns, construction plans, permitting requirements, and code violations. A receiver will work to prevent theft, vandalism, criminal activity, and illegal dumping of trash on the property.

American Lodge Receivership: California Health and Safety Code

A Court-Appointed Health and Safety Receiver is a practical remedy that cities rely on to tackle substandard properties in communities throughout the state. Richardson “Red” Griswold is routinely appointed by California courts to act as a Health & Safety Code Receiver for these dilapidated properties. For more information or to get in touch about how receivership can help your community, please contact Griswold Law Receiverships.

  • There are no suggestions because the search field is empty.


See all

Recent Posts